Monday 3 May 2010

FutureBoogie with Todd Terje and a selection of records for listening pleasure...


Soooo, I know its a little late but last weekend i travelled over to the west country for one of my favourite Nighters around. Futureboogie - held in various locations and venues around Bristol and beyond. It's primarily based in Bristol though and it's welcome as it doesn't mean horrendous journeys back from Manchester or London etc.
FutureBoogie's music policy is absolutely superb and the fact Todd Terje was headlining this particular night was even better. He didn't disappoint playing a set filled with Disco, Electronic beats and smattering of Tech and House. I didn't stop dancing all night so to celebrate that fact here's some Big records that's I'm loving right about now -
.
Mujava - Township Funk (Crazy P Remix)
Without doubt one of the coolest remixes I've heard in such a long time and a record that really exemplifies the sound i am in love with. Listen to it and I'm sure you'll agree. What an absolute groove! To take a track such as Township Funk with its gnarly basslines and moody atmosphere and turn it into a piece of Disco Gold is genius...Listen to that drop! Booooom Certified Disco Bomb right there. I can't say much more, this record is top of my play list every time i put my ipod on and an absolute dance floor weapon. God Bless Crazy P....
.
The Swiss - Manthem (Tensnake Remix)
At 8 minutes long, i wish it could go on forever! The Swiss are an Australian Disco/Electro band who have made other great records such as Bubblebath (Check out the Knightlife Remix if you can find it) However, Tensnake turns this into a get down epic, perfect summer tune and wouldn't be surprised if it's played out to a backdrop of festivals this summer to great results. It Builds and Builds with small smatterings of vocals before finally it gives way to those joyous chimes... Sit back and enjoy. Gorgeous music at it's best.
.
Lorenz Rhodes - Drop the P
Did anybody ask for a massive overdose of Funk? No? Well you're getting one anyway. Someone told me that the passion pours off the screen when they were reading my music posts. Can you blame me? Just listen to this, The record is so good i would marry it and have little Disco Funk babies with it. I'm not joking. It's what i live for! Hearing a drop like that on a dancefloor when you're right on one is what it's all about. Tear the floor up, get down and all done with a massive grin spread across your chops. Passionate is what i am, but if you can't rouse passion for records such as these then you have no hope. Mylo Drop the Pressure? Nahhhh Just give me Lorenz Rhodes in truck fulls please.
.
Grum - I cant shake this feeling
Okay, You might want to close your jonny peepers when the video comes up for this... It's slightly weird. But We're not here to chat about music video's. It's all about the sounds. Grum, what can i say? The young Lothian producer has got it down to a tee. It's all about Funky Electronic Disco... The vocals just about make this record perfect for any party. Grum has just released an album called heartbeats and from what I've heard of it it's of the same nature - a definite addition no doubt.
.
Anyway, that's my musical contributions for the time being, but a rather dandy selection if i do say so myself! And yes, that is me holding a Poster at 7.00am. Rather battered but one happy cat!









No comments:

Post a Comment