Monday 23 August 2010

A Welshman's home is his studio apartment...

I learned something very valuable this weekend... On what was my long weekend off i decided to get my arse in gear and skip partying wholesale so i could fulfill a small ambition that has been eating away at my sub-conscious for a while. What with bank holiday weekend coming up I wasn't that bothered about the break and instead i decided to do my gaff up.

I've never really been into Interior design or anything along those lines, even though i find it quite interesting. However, I'm not sure what happened these past 48 hours but I transformed what was a bog standard four/four/two pad (complete with standard uninspiring dodgy canvas' given as xmas presents and boring color schemes etc) into something I'm now rather made up with.

The thing is, I've used my place as a doss house for a good two years - just using it to crash at and never really looking after it properly. I've always meant to spruce it up and had some good ideas that i wanted to implement but at the time, as long as i had my decks, a decent sound system and somewhere to relax then i was sorted.

However, as i previously mentioned It's been burning away at me for a while now to finally do something with the place and after initially sketching down my ideas and deciding what i wanted, I knew the sort of the thing i was going for. I wanted somewhere I could still relax after my hedonistic pursuits, I could unwind and lose myself in after a nerve testing day in work and have a blast on my decks when mates are over for a few drinks or pre-partying... But more than anything, i wanted it to say a little about who I am and what I'm about. My mind works in mysterious ways, granted, but it's mine and i can safely say that the new improved home of moi is certainly a reflection of that.
I'm pretty elated in what is achievable when having a weekend off from the madness, spending two ton and a bit of elbow grease....

As I sit here and type the last sentence, i once again glance around and afford myself a cheeky smile... I present chez Wilks, my new fortress of solitude.




Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment