Friday 3 September 2010

Anorak Fever....

Everyone associates Anoraks with those weird looking chaps that can be found all over the National Rail network eagerly and self consciously scrawling train times and other such menial pieces of information into tiny little books... Usually accompanied by a mob of other similarly dressed special recluses, all sporting ankle dangling pleats, jam jar glasses and hair that hasn't seen a comb in decades.

However, who are we to mock them? I'm here to celebrate a key piece of their attire with one of my latest pick ups. The Anorak. Although the tasty little number I'm going to be sharing with you isn't going to be put through it's paces on the edge of some frozen platform somewhere in the middle of nowhere...

I took that all imporant plunge on this charming and rather geeky styled Elka / Norse Projects effort in oliver green because at heart, I'm a closet geek and I couldn't resist the temptation of pairing this up with a Gingham Checked shirt, some well pressed Chinos and a fitting footwear accompaniment.
When this arrived this morning and i tried it on, i immediately fell in love with it, the fit is perfect and it has those all important little details that mark this out as an Anorak for those on the move... Whatever their tip and wherever their destination. Knowing me, this will be coming out on those wet days when I'm pacing some far off city in search of adventure. The rope neck toggles and snug hood hint at shades of street rogue, the Norse Project influence coming into play quite noticably with these key features and all together mkaing this a pretty cool piece of kit to dig out when the heavens have opened.


Whatever your thoughts, I'm going to be more than made up to be sporting an Anorak when those rainy days start coming in abundance... Just don't look for me at the station with a pencil and book in hand.
Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment