Wednesday 24 November 2010

Massachusetts Dandyism...


Penfield have really impressed me with their A/W collection, a mixture of classic 60/40 designed parkas such as their season to season staple 'Kassan', the Rockfield down coat, resplendent with plaid checked finish and the brilliant Lakefield, with it's leather trim detail. Although superb in design and generally ace looking bits of kit, the leather Bear patch that's seemingly attached to almost every piece of Penfield is a little bit off putting. How I long for the Kassan to be re-issued without a Fjall Raven Esq Arm insignia...

However, a few pieces don't bare the, eh, bear... And my latest addition is probably one of the best purchases I've made in a long while. The Newbury hunting jacket is a fine example of what Penfield do best:- clean, well cut and designed classic looking outwear. I chose the 'Army' colourway as I think it looks tip top and after receiving it this morning I was more than made up with it. Rugged, a perfect fit and incredibly warm complete with waxed detailing... This is definitely one of the finest garments to come out of Massachusetts since 1975.






Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment