Tuesday 21 December 2010

A cut above the rest...

Over the past couple of years I've spent a fair portion of my income and time at a certain shop in Manchester... From getting up at the ungodly hour of 5.00 am, just to catch the 6.00 am Newport to Manchester Piccadilly service on a cold winters morning so I could hit the North-Western outpost early doors with a head spinning at the thought of new wears, and that ace feeling you got when entering the humble and homely place on a quiet section of Tib Street. A place that held a unique charm, character and allure, something that their new space certainly incarnates.

On every visit, without question, I would spend time discussing clothes, music or life in general with the staff of this catalyst in quality menswear, which is always a pleasure when the protagonists of the conversation are as passionate about the subjects in question as you are.

This morning I took delivery of a small parcel, not knowing who it was from or what it was. Upon opening, I found a superb Ivy League illustrated pocket guide and a hand written card from the people of Oi Polloi, thanking me for my custom and to wish me a happy holiday. With gestures and customer etiquette such as this, can there be any wonder as to why Oi Polloi is a favourite among chaps the length and breadth of the country?

It can be without any doubt that Oi Polloi is truly a cut above the rest... They say it's the little things that count.

Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment