Tuesday 7 December 2010

Out and about on the dance-floors of Londinium...


After the ace pick ups at the Macandi Sale, there was nothing left to do than dance myself into oblivion over the weekend... And dance I did!

A couple of sounds / posters from the nights I was lucky enough to be at... Enjoy.

Electric Minds parties are pretty much nailed on to be top, top nights. This particular soiree was thrown at the impossibly cool 22-26 venue on Farringdon Lane (Just a front door from the outside) The club is built into some arches and was scoped out with a pretty stellar sound system. However, due to whatever reasons a few DJs didn't turn out and the power cut off early... Before the mishaps though, Bill Brewster had me proper on one and dropped some laaaaarvly records, None more so special than this class Dimitri From Paris Edit of Prince's - I wanna be your lover... Proper hands in the air and Cheshire Cat grins as wide as the equator when this one was echoing around the arched structure... PURE LOVE !

Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover (Dimitri From Paris edit) by iamrobd


After Saturdays premature ending, I was proper gagging to get out and on it down on Old Street and Nomad where 'Get down Good' were hosting Preston's Cottam... Mr Cottam made my weekend by playing recently blogged stormer, ELO - Evil Women edit by Inner West Soul... BUT... Record of the night was definitely this fine, fine uplifting groove from Walter Joneson DFA. I haven't stopped playing it since I've been home. WHAT A RECORD.



With sounds like this on offer, there can be no questions asked on why people feel as passionate as I do about music... I live for nights such as these and the times and memories I take from them.

Special!

Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment