Monday 10 January 2011

Cut Chemist's Disco Is Dead.....by Shaun Dangerfield

A bit of a legend, he certainly gave me a lesson when I heard his DJ Shadow collaborated Brainfreeze mix for the first time, founder and former member of Jurassic 5 and another funk band I forget the name of, certain artists and dj's can create a lasting impression on you and Cut Chemist is one of them for me, he's been going for 26 years since the age of 11 DJ'ing and creating some special parts of musical history, during the mid 90's when I started DJ'ing I got into original breaks', big beat, soul, funk and beats and tracks like his "lesson 6 the lecture" paved that way for me before collecting most of the tracks on his Brainfreeze mix apart from the elusive "hey joyce" by Lou Courtney which I didn't get on 7inch until 5 year's ago, influenced by hip hop, soul and latin funk what this guy can do on a couple of decks is nothing short of genius, this Disco Is Dead mix is good, doesn't show off his talent as much with his scratching and beat juggling but a very good listen and lesson for all the standard DJ's who need some help injecting some life and soul into their mixing, enjoy.......

Cut Chemist -Disco is Dead (1973-1979) by Cut Chemist

This is a small snippet of the Brainfreeze mix thats been chopped up but give it a listen and if you don't know it but can appreciate it I urge you to buy the mix cd and treasure it for what it is a genuine piece of musical history......

No comments:

Post a Comment