Sunday 14 August 2011

The first winter purchase... By Saul Wilks


We've had a good summer... haven't we? It's not entirely over yet and I'm aware of this fact, however, it hasn't hindered me from already chalking up a strategic plan of what items I'll be adding to my colder-month rotations. As much as it pains me to say, the days of ambling around in Breton striped tees, moccassons and sunglasses are numbered.

Before rendering myself bankrupt with the all important jacket and coat purchases I'll be bolstering up my knitwear selection and I couldn't really resist starting early with this killer houndstooth effort from Universal Works. It's so ace I'm half tempted to to go and squeeze myself into the freezer for an hour, just so I can wear it for a bit. I've concluded this probably isn't the best way to go about things, so I'll have to patiently wait for Raa to jog on and Jackie Frost to pull his icicle finger out of his arse and get his act together.

Looking like a cross between something a Sloane Ranger would drop while toffing it up around Kensington and a wardrobe extra from Quadrophenia this holds all the right elements to turn a few heads while out and about. Chuck some swagger into the mixer and we're in business. It's admittedly quite flash but then we can't go rambling around in cagoules every day of our lives can we?

It looks pretty dandy hanging there waiting for the temperature to decrease to the coolness levels this charming cardigan possesses, the thermometer has a fair little way to go yet though... Because, yeah, that's right, you've guessed it! It's ice cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment