Wednesday 5 October 2011

The fine art of Scuttling...By Saul Wilks



Along with other bits and pieces, I had the pleasure to write one of the feature articles on Hip Stores new, reinvented website and their new style section. A lot of coverage has always been afforded to the various different British youth cultures such as Mods, Skinheads and Casuals, although it's very rare the original youth movement of Scuttling is brought to our attention. It's something I've found fascinating since first learning about them, the way they dressed and the way they conducted themselves so I thought it only right to make this the topic of my article. The similarities between Victorian Manchester's street gangs and their many predecessors are interesting and startling to say the least...

You can read it here at the new Hip Leeds website - http://www.thehipstore.co.uk/info/scuttlers/

I hope you enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment