Thursday 28 June 2012

Mix Mix Mix...By Saul Wilks



Readers might know that we've got a 6 hour slot at the opening night of new Cardiff based party Suburban Boogie this coming Saturday. This is quite a special one for me personally as I'll be playing on native soil - something that I've done scarcely up to this point.

Anyway, as these things usually go I decided to dig out some of the records I'm loving at the moment, a couple of recent buys and a few classics to lay down a promo mix fresh for the weekend.

It was all completely off the cuff and was enjoyable to the extreme, especially in the knowledge that my neighbour, who relishes in playing the most god awful travesties in music at all hours, was banging on the wall in appreciation of some tasty 80s basslines at well gone midnight. But what goes around comes around right?

Anyhow, as usual - here's the mix for those that like that sort of thing, and for those that don't I'll urge you to have a little blast at it anyway.

It's nice and crackly, raw as always but above all it's extemely danceable...

Unless you're square of course.

Enjoy!



Tracklisting -

The Valentine Brothers - Money's too tight (ADN 12" Edit)
Aurra - You and me tonight
The Jones Girls - 2 win you back
Krystal Davis - So smooth (Instrumental)
Johnny Dynell - Rhythm of life
Kwick - You're the kind of girl that I like (Trev's Edit)
Razor N Tape - Handle it (J Krivs Dub Mix)
Al Hudson & Soul Partners - Music (Revenge Rework)
Kraak & Smaak feat Lex Empress - Hold back love (Lovebirds Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment