Thursday 22 November 2012

An Afternoon at Borough Market...By Saul Wilks


Borough Market; A tantalising hive of flavour, tastes, aromas and hearty London hustle. Indeed a trip to Borough offers a more than decent way to spend an afternoon, wandering around a Mecca of such verve culinary offerings.

The weathers been absolutely beautiful, with the sun rising up over the gorgeously cold streets and that addictive winter feel well and truly settling in over the city. With this in mind my girl and I decided to take advantage of a day off work and jumped on the bus down to Borough Market to pick up some ingredients for a quiet night in - god knows I need it, I feel like I'm coming down with something.

Borough Market is a great place and I always enjoy snacking on all the free samples while debating what to get for one's dinner... Pigeon breast with langoustines to start, as it goes, was tonight's choice.

The past couple of times I've ventured to Borough, for one reason or the other I haven't had my camera with me, so I made sure it accompanied us in order for me to take a few photographs of the place and our day out in general.

I'll keep the words to a minimum with this one as the photographs pretty much tell the story, however if you've not had the pleasure of a stroll around Borough and like me you appreciate good food and wine, then I encourage you to take some time out and give the place the once over if you ever get the chance.

Anyhow, enough of the Hugh Fearnley Whittingstsall spiel...

Enjoy the photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment