Friday 14 December 2012

The Weekend is Nigh...By Saul Wilks


Having been a little quiet on the posting front due to the restraints of a full paced life, I thought I'd kick the weekend off with a nice little selection of sounds.

As it goes I've just got in from work and I'm completely battered, so I'll keep the spiel to a bare minimum with these as opposed to chatting a load of over excited nonsense.

I caught a hold of this while on the blog rounds earlier this week and haven't had it off since.. Pure straight up Nigerian boogie, and it's proper killer. I was sold at the first string section. The rest is history - Dizzy K's got it going on... This is one seriously good smile inducing jam!


This next cut is a prime slice of Boogie funk that got a nice re-release courtesy of the ace French re-issue label Boogie Times. I recently found myself a copy and I'm looking forward to playing it to a packed out dance floor come February for our next party in London, which will be at the Nest in Dalston. Keep your eyes peeled and your ears primed. Real talk etc - Peak time stomper!


To finish things off with a nice threesome of ear canal candy I thought I'd slow things down and drop in a favourite of mine with the timeless tones of Atlantic Starr and arguably one of the most beautiful records ever made? Each to their own, obviously, but this literally makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. An absolutely stunning record to round the weekend off with.

So there yo have it, a trio of weekend flava for your ears to gorge upon,

I guess all that's left to say is have a good one and all that jazz... Keep it soulful!


No comments:

Post a Comment