Saturday 25 May 2013

Time 'Can't You Feel It'... by Shaun Dangerfield

Italo from 82' that sounds fresh as ever on todays sound systems.

I know Italo's marmite in the majority, personally I love it I love that crossover from Disco into the electronic era regardless of how cheesy some of it is lyrically.
This however is absolute gold, one from the box that will never fail to get a reaction and one of my finer pieces of Vinyl in my eyes purely on musical taste and what flicks my switches.
Synth, Bass line, Vocal, 80's rap it just melts me.
My only wish is that someday I could hear it out without me playing it so I can really cut some rug up to it.

The artwork by Franco Storchi is italo gold in itself and a classic, Raf Todesco the musical genius behind it shed's light on the artwork and in his own words...

"The cover has a very specific meaning and is meant to represent the transition from 70's dance music (man) to the new electronic dance music (robot). The gun means the killing of the old music from the new technological music. And so it was dance music"

I beamed from ear to ear when I first read that.

"hey hey you're the tops can't you hear me you're the tops hey hey you're the tops can't you hear me you're the tops i want to see you i want to feel you hey hey you're the tops you drive me wild cause you're the tops This is the number one sound on our hit parade by mister juke box Joe and miss Annie Slade Good morning..... Good morning it's a little ditty song with some catchy phrase it's get's better and better and then it fade's Good morning good morning CAN'T YOU FEEL IT, CAN'T YOU FEEL IT, I NEED YOUR LOVE RIGHT NOW CAN'T YOU FEEL IT, CAN'T YOU FEEL IT, I NEED TO KNOW SOME HOW"

No comments:

Post a Comment