Wednesday 22 September 2010

Temptations of a technical kind...

Apart from the fact that Patagonia is a Welsh speaking region in Argentina, my interest in the label has been pretty non-existent. I did have a brief spell when i flirted with vintage Berghaus technical jackets but that was as far as it went for me as far as technical outwear was concerned.

However, I have had my beady eye cast on this rather stellar, down-bubble effort from the US outfit since it first cropped up on Peggs and Sons a little while ago. I'm not sure what has drawn me to it, It's at the complete opposite end of the spectrum to what I would usually source for myself, but I have definitely noticed a leniency in my purchase choices of late.
Whatever the hypnosis behind my new found longing for the mustard yellow version of this jacket, it's pretty simple really - I have a quite varied taste in clobber and if I think something looks cool then I'll cop for it. I've been picturing this matched up with a pair of Red Wing Wabasha Hiking boots and suitable shirting accompaniment for a little while now. It's more 'Man on a Mountain' than 'Man About town' but I've been pretty tempted by it. The only thing that puts me off is that my wardrobe will start looking like a Banana plantation if i have any more shades of yellow included in there...

Then again, there's always the Royal Blue colourway to temp me out of a cheeky two ton... The decisions one must make when acquiring his wears is no ones business!

With the amount of quality gear being feature on internet thread peddlers 'Latest Products' sections, it's hard to say whether i'll take the plunge on one of these for this coming winter. However, it just goes to show that when we think we've found our niche' in the way we like to turn ourselves out... There's always something a bit different that will lead us into temptation.

Saul Wilks.



No comments:

Post a Comment