Wednesday 29 September 2010

I'm feeling a little distressed...


We all get that longing feeling when we see something we want. Whether its a Bird, a pair of trabs, a special release DVD, a rare record or in this case the very stunning and eye catching Barbour Carbon distressed Bedale jacket, in a scrumptious gorgeous worn-in knackered red.


The distressed Bedale Jacket is a fusion of this classic style, with Barbour's horse-riding heritage. This new fitted version uses refined tailoring, creating a modern take on this classic shape. Finished in a distressed red waxed cotton.

I decided to take the plunge on this earlier and managed to source it for a few quid less than most online boutiques are pushing it for which was most welcome.

The last piece of Barbour I bought was the Duralinen international, an admittedly ace bit of kit for the days when the weather doesn't really want to make up it's mind. However, as with a lot of Barbour I find the sizing quite big - I copped for a small in the Duralinen and I have to pull it in pretty tight around the waist to get my desired fit.


However, having been the owner of a Bedale before, I know what to expect from this gem - and anyway, I think this jacket will look a lot better loose, almost to the point of hanging off me. I've actually surprised myself because I'm usually staunchly all for hooded jackets and coats (A surviving habit from football going days) ... Where as of course, unless you order one especially from Barbour the Bedale in this case comes hood less.

Barbour are one of those labels that I don't always necessarily check out first, but then I'm definitely someone that knows instantly if they're into something or not.

The Colour and overall look of the Carbon distressed Bedale fits very nicely into my current crop of outwear and will be getting it's due wears on the damp and overcast days that are now well and truly knocking at the door.

Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment