Thursday 14 October 2010

The Honesysuckle Get-down.

With my recently purchased decks now a well settled-in feature of my gaff, I have the longed for privilege of being able to have a mix anytime I wish, experimenting and larking about, crafting sounds together and generally having a creative release and outlet for some truly amazing records that I have picked up...

Often, I would sit, aching to have the means to be able to play some of the new stuff I had obtained and generally have a mini one man party right there on my personal dance floor, the well shined laminate flooring... Such exploits are now a regular occurrance.

Last Friday morning, having risen early from my slumber in the excited preparation of my journey that led to Birmingham to stay with Dange and then the exploration down to the clutches of Londinium to meet up with Tommy and Ben for a night that exceeded all expectations, The Warm 11th Birthday, I took full advantage of my new pride and joy's and dropped a sweet sounding 45 minute mix of pure uplifting Disco Cuts and Boogie.



Naming it after a friends new musicobsessives group, 'Franklin Honeysuckles Cosmic Disco Party' I present to you the first in a series of mixes i'll be recording in the modest surroundings of my humble abode.

I hope it brings a smile to your face and a spring to your step.

Enjoy!

Saul W - The Honeysuckle Getdown.

Saul W - The HoneySuckle Get Down by Corrupted Disco

Sister Sledge - Thinking of you (Fingerman edit)
SOS Band - High hopes (Touchsoul edit)
MTume - So you wanna be a star (Blacklodge edit)
Mona Raye - Do me (And Munga gone done it)
Surface - Falling in Love (InnerWest Soul Tight as you like edit)
Confection - I choose you
Network - I need you
Kaine / Kathy Diamond - Love saves the day (Mario Basanov remix)
Superbreak - Are you free Tonight (Superbreak edit)

Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment