Wednesday 13 October 2010

Investing In Life Experience.....by Shaun Dangerfield

From Friday afternoon until Sunday night I knew we were in for nothing less than sensational time's, thing is the world revolves around good times, no matter what form that comes in.
Growing up and going through my various vices nothing hits me as much as music (football used to but welcome to 2010).
There's no point being into scenes or various pass times unless your there to take full advantage of it, so be that hill walking, bike riding, Saturday afternoon or getting your rave on, get into it.
I sit here when I get 5 and browse through all the various blog's and see what people are into, to say I'm suprised at all the hermits is an understatement, like I say you have to get stuck into what your into, you can go around week in week out and go to good parties, gigs, raves etc and every now and then something turns to gold.
Expectation's were high for Saturdays event at Corsica studio's and the friday warm up hit the spot as the music flowed as fast as the drink, when you and your mates share the same eclectic taste in music its a pleasure to listen to what they are playing, so after minor narcotic incidents and the usual babble of women we hit the hay at 3am almost too eager to sleep, by 9:30am we were on the chuffa to the smoke with pocket's full of everything we needed and soul's full of good time & charm.
We picked up our compadre's along the way and strutted ourselves through various drinking holes in a flash of rainbow as the Trickers, Sperry & Superga made waves in the London streets, by the time we left Shoreditch's Horse & Groom the haze was well under way and the anticipation for Warm's night of festivities was more eagerly anticipated than a sighting of the tiny white Youtan Poluo Chinese flower which reportedly blooms once every 3000 years...... I would say that's a slight exaggeration...... but it is'nt.

As we settled with our spirits (not the ghostly kind) and glanced around at the 6 others in there the flurry of Edits and Nu Disco were filling the room, we made our mark for the first hour or 2 in room 1, now by this time I was racing around the starship enterprise talking Klingon with Spock so forgive me if it was Sebo K or The Revenge who kicked things off ? either way it hit the spot and after a medley of gem's I moved into room 2 humming Jamie Jones edit of Crystalised by the XX in a mixed up frenzy with the Smash of Sugardaddy's Lovehoney....... In my element ??? Understatement.

So with Cottam & Mark E doing unbelievable things with my head (of which this period I know nothing about bar having a good old meet up with a boy named leyton from southampton who was very well turned out in Universal Works & Norse Projects.... I know I know but no matter where you go you cant help appreciating finer clothing, so we made our way into our spot with the finely turned out fella from the south side and his good lady) I finally shook myself together to see the mighty Horse Meat Disco enter the arena, and how glad am I to be able to remember the first track as the filthy latin beats filled the air and a cosmic bongo circus danced around my head, sublime record after sublime record paved the golden speakers and did exactly what it was supposed to do.... made kids dance.
As I got into more of a pickle (in a good way) my legs just gave in and my body let them take over and show me the way, like a mix up of dancing on ice and strictly come dancing I latin bounced myself around from 4am on, and by 5:15am Filthy Luka takes over for the Horse Meat Disco finale, it was sheer heaven, the Disco House, Nu Disco & Vintage Disco just blended into one of the best mixes I have ever witnessed, without doubt the best night I have ever attended, I hazed around at 6:30am and realised there was literally nobody left in the room, which spurred me on to a grand slam finish, I was'nt leaving now, it was as much a pleasure for Filthy Luka to play records for me as it was for him to play for the 2-300 he started with, right at the end he eased in Sunday Girl - Self Control Azrai & lll edit..... leaned over the decks and applauded me for staying, gave me a hug and said thanks for stopping, in the age of the ego it just turned my memory of the night into something spectacular, no more no less, it was special and I'm just glad I witnessed it, I would add a photo or 2 but between us there is literally none, probably down to the fact I would'nt get my phone out my pocket in case I just threw it like an angry monkey at the test station as he realised he just can't work it, saying that I do remember Leyton from Southampton taking one so somewhere there is a copy of our faces enjoying it as much as we did, hmmmm......... probably best it stays lost.

I will leave you with a few gem's I remember from Warm's 11th birthday, happy birthday indeed......







No comments:

Post a Comment