Saturday 6 November 2010

Some Sounds for ya Soul...

There's been some massive sounds going on that virtual crate diggers heaven of Soundcloud of late and it's only right a few are put up here for your ears to have an orgy with.

As always, I've selected a few records that have been all over my radar of late and have been getting some much deserved attention from my trusty pinoneers...

Strap yourself in and Enjoy!

Cole Medina / Sleazy McQueen - AnnaDue (Cosmic Boogie Mix)

First record I'm blogging is this deliciously dark and brooding Cosmic Boogie Mix of forthcoming Cole Medina / Sleazy McQueen release on Mood Club Music. Regular readers may recognise the track title as I posted the Social Disco Club remix of this a month or two back. This however is definitely worthy of a mention as well. I can't wait for the release, taking influences from that old New Jersey garage sound and incorporating it into a track that will make dance floors vibrate and bounce, It just makes me want to be in a dark basement club somewhere getting right on one. I reckon it'll make you feel the same..... Check it out.


Annadue (Cosmic Boogie Mix) - Cole Medina / Sleazy McQueen by Cosmic Boogie

Omni - Out of My Hands (TouchSoul Edit)

Next up is this Class Touchsoul Edit of Boogie Rarity, Omni - Out of My hands... I'm Devastated I didn't catch the 100 download limit and can you blame me? What an ace sound! I've got a Massive smile going on while posting this one, got it cranked up LOUD! Listen to those cosmic sounds bleeps and the hypnotic groove before that Fun time vocal and rolling groove kicks in. Did i mention the hand claps? Amazing party vibes and a superb job done by Sunderlands finest. BIG SOUND !


Omni - Out Of My Hands (Touchsoul Edit) by touchsoul

Evelyn King - I'm in Love (Baresi Rework)
I'm all over gnarlly sounding basslines fused with some sweet vocals and Baresi provides a nice uplifting version of Evelyn King's Classic I'm in Love by doing just that. Keen eared followers may recognise the bass sample as also being used in Mark E's 'RnB Drunkie (Another class work) A nice warm up tune to build up to a big fat tasty drop on the next record in your set! It had me on first beat.... Devilishly handsome music.


I'm in love - evelyn king - baresi edit by Baresi

Melba Moore - Love's comin at ya (OOFT Edit)

Last track in this Quadrople dose of dancefloor destroyers is probably my favorite of the lot. My keen ears were introduced to this recently By Tom Armstrong, gem that he is for picking out such minty fresh sounds. I had to beg, borrow and steal to get my grubby little mits on this fantastical edit of Melba Moore's Loves comin at Ya, from one half of Revenge, Ali OOFT. Massive in my world, let it get into yours and see how many plays you can clock up on your ipod throughout the week. Pure Goodness.

Melba Moore - Love's Comin' At Ya (OOFT! Rework) by Numinots.com

All that remains for you to do now is go and crank your systems into life and put some colour into this dreary Saturday afternoon...

Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment