Saturday 11 December 2010

A Healthy Obsession..... by Shaun Dangerfield

My passion for clothing is running at the highest level that I have ever known, a healthy obsession, I enjoy wearing, looking, touching, examining, chatting and writing about it, 2 thing's run through me like electricity....... music and clothing.
I try not to use the term fashion as I don't like it, the word just seem's to jumble a whole host of styles and labels together which does some of them no justice.
I like substance behind a label and behind their design's, I want to appreciate it for what it is and how it was made.
I've started writing a few piece's not for any gain but just because I enjoy doing so, the first in hopefully a collection of articles on Sabotage Times available by clicking the "share" link below....

share

As the cold really set's in it's nice to put your feet into some luxury, after all they do deserve it, to say that there is an army of sublime footwear available is an understatement to say the least, there is something for everyone out there with boots and shoes to fill the wardrobe of a king.
Myself I like the clean cut lines but with a modern edge, with the recent'ish heritage boom that's exactly what I get, sharp looking classic footwear in heavy suede's and leather's with modernistic touch's on the sole's & stitching and in an array of colour's available.
You get what you pay for in life and this is the case with footwear, there are limit's obviously but with the like's of Trickers, Yuketen, Quoddy offering what they do it's hard to say no and as soon as you invest I know you will be in agreement.
Don't get me wrong I'm no Simon Cowell I work hard for my thing's, which is probably the reason I appreciate it all as much as I do because I get the pleasure of buying them and the enjoyment from wearing them, all of the boot's I have purchased the past 12 month's were carefully picked from a list jotted down in the back of my head filed in the brain's cabinet under healthy obsession, I would not expect anyone else to appreciate my taste's because well....... it would be boring for starter's eh ?
When I was browsing Present-London earlier this year and flicking through their collaboration's with Trickers I almost self imploded when I saw their green leather brogue boots with white Vibram sole, they are an acquired taste and are very much a marmite thing, it's love or hate which proved to be the case at a recent all nighter in London when we were sat in a back street boozer early on and a grumpy old cockney calmly asked my mucka "what the fack has your mate got on his feet" with a look on his face probably only rivalled when people were treated to a first glimpse of the mighty Ziggy Stardust, it only made me appreciate them more...

It's nice to wear in life what you love and not what other's love, in the days of "the internet dressing you" and everyone jumping onto a brand that gets a bit of coverage like a herd of sheep there are enough varieties to stand out or just be in a different ball park, if I see another pair of hype Red Wing boots this year I will just throw up on the spot.
I have listed a string of boots that deserve some coverage in that Sabotage Times link, some real sole for your soul, all 10 would never appeal to everyone, it's impossible to generate a list of everybody's taste's and even if I could that would be completely pointless, if we all sat here drooling over the same thing's I think I would just give up and live a life of normality draped in threads from Marks & Spencers and wearing Burtons leather slip on's trawling the food isles of my local Sainsburys waiting for the smell of the fish counter to waft my way (being the pervert that I am).

Feel free to rate it and leave feedback, good or bad it's all appreciated.

All the best

No comments:

Post a Comment