Monday 13 December 2010

Lead me not into temptation...

We've all been in that predicament when we really want something badly, but know that we really, really shouldn't. Well this is the dilemma that's been plaguing me ever since I laid eyes and, very recently, my hands upon what is quite possibly one of the best pieces of outwear I have ever had the privilege of crossing paths with.

The main problem I've got is the hefty price tag that comes attached to this down right gorgeous effort from M of Tokyo... But then only being stocked in a handful of places, the £450 - £500 asking price could be deemed acceptable?! Or am I kidding myself into sliding Mr Platinum from his comfy dwelling at the bottom of a pile of unopened bank statements.... MUST RESIST TEMPTATION.

In the not so distant past I would have almost certainly thrown caution to the wind and snapped this up without a second thought, allowing my plastic to take the hit. However, I must be getting more sensible as time goes on as I haven't slipped up as of yet (tick, tock, tick, tock)

I tried this on in an over-priced department store while down in London recently and I can honestly put my hand on heart and say I've never come across a more killer looking jacket than this - The Wine Hounds-tooth from M of Tokyo.

Have a peak for yourselves and prepare to feel the seduction...






I just hope this crops up in a 50% sale somewhere come New Year... We can dream can't we?

Saul Wilks.

No comments:

Post a Comment