Thursday 20 January 2011

Falling in love with a jacket...

I keep promising myself that the last jacket purchase will be exactly that - the last. Then things of beauty such as the new season updated Universal Works Fell jacket come cropping up, making me hate myself for breaking that golden promise to myself. In this game it's extremely hard to resist temptation. Having been an owner of the previous Fell jacket, I'm a little sceptical about the fit - however, after some research and deliberation it's been decided that the small will indeed be a small and wont fit me like a big blue tent as it's predecessor did, a look that was extremely hard to pull off, as you can only begin to imagine (Especially up in Darlington)

This version of Universal Works staple season to season jacket comes in a quite gorgeous colourway of two-tone red and beige... Head turning material extraordinaire! Also available in ink blue and beige for those who require a more dimmed down appearance. At a price that's affordable and with the quality that has come to be known during Universal Works short shelf life, it doesn't take a fashion forecast to predict this is going to be a key piece of outwear over the rainy months that pepper spring and summer time. In a waxed cotton, with plenty of eye catching detail and perfect chap about town style, this is one jacket that will no doubt be on many spring/summer shopping lists... And rightly so.



Now if I can just go ten minutes without buying some outwear I should surely have enough to eat this month... I wouldn't count on it though.

Saul Wilks.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered it's navy & sand brother from End today, am hoping the postman wakes me up nice and early tomorrow with the delivery! The red is lovely but I got the Penfield Pac Jac last year and it reminds me of that, so I've played it a bit safe.

    My wallet has taken a raping in the past week. Another pair of Nudie Big Bengts, Adi Marathon 80's (black & purple), UW Heskin Sweat (navy), Penfield Work Shirt and now the Fell. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete