Tuesday 31 May 2011

Vibrant..... by Shaun Dangerfield.


This shirt just scream's out what I'm all about, it's vibrancy is stunning, with check shirt's and flannel's they have to be different in my humble opinion be it in colour cut or fit otherwise they just seem to blend in with every other check shirt.
Gitman's Vintage range do this the right way. 
I have already owned this shirt winter season just gone but I wanted the unbuttoned collar like the one I saw originally which had me lusting after it.
So a bit of dealing around and here's the original piece I wanted, everyone's a winner and still cool enough to wear now.
Gitman Bro's 1978 runs under 3 banner's with each section producing a different cloth, the normal Gitman Bro's are not my cup of tea offering basically straight oxfords and the Gitman Gold range which is your usual quality shirt making, all good and I'm not denying the quality but all a bit suit like which doesn't really fit into my wardrobe.
Gitman Vintage however well now that's cut from a different cloth.
In it's 5th season now it dig's deep into it's archive history pulling out certain material's and styles from a particular year and reproducing it, basics but with history - like this spring summer season is backed down to 1986 - rich in pastel oxfords block colour and stripes, summer chambrays and madras, plaid's and linen's.
Nothing new on the radar but very happy to get this version in so shouting about it as happy people do.

Next up is Garbstore's suede Billy loafer with white lightweight sole, clean lines clean cut contrast stitching and rough brown suede..... ace.
Will no doubt wreck them within their first outing but still.... who cares.

Shaun











No comments:

Post a Comment