Wednesday 15 June 2011

How Deep Is Your Love..... by Shaun Dangerfield.


Thanks to my fellow Boogie Cartella's of recent times I have re-found my love for vinyl, when DJing it's very easy to forget what you love and just roll with where you can get the record/track/song from and unfortunately it's so much easier to get what you want via cd and download so when your trying to get a set together you have the whole waiting game especially if it's a rare record, but picking up where I have left off I've decided to play on vinyl and cd and just pick up the records I can along the way and the ones I can't will be cdr's, there is nothing in music quite like the drop of a needle and that crackle, so I have waited for this on pre release and it finally turned up yesterday after release on Monday, what a record - on the DFA label it does nothing but scream at me to dance from the initial piano keys to the heavy beat, disco vibe and scratchy vocals.

Released in a limited 1 sided 12" only 600 copies worldwide and it sits proudly next to my LCD soundsystem 45:33 lp as a much loved favourite and one to see heavy play.
They have not released this on mp3 or digital its vinyl only until the album is released in September so it's a poorly sounding video to stop the rippers out there who would digitalise it in a heartbeat....

The Rapture "How Deep Is Your Love"

I will put it into a small mini mix tomorrow for you and you can hear the full benefit but for now this video isn't bad you get to watch the disco ball for 6 minutes

Cheers, Shaun.


DFA White Out Sessions - How Deep Is Your Love? by The Rapture from DFA Records on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment