Wednesday 12 October 2011

Norwegian Beauty.... by Shaun Dangerfield.

I take art as it should be which in my opinion if it doesn't grab you instantly then it's not for you.
I can look at different artist's work and have very different opinion's on it whether I think it's pointless, too hip, too dark, too try hard, or in the fact I simply just don't get it.

It's like music and the fact that your taste isn't wrong it's just different, so your sugar is somebody else's salt which is how I would describe art from my outlook.
I've said above it has to instantly grab my attention and keep me fixated and if it doesn't then it's obviously not for me..... very much like music, I'm not a believer in thing's growing on me I either love it or I don't and within art every now and again something really catches my eye and none more so than Norwegian Esra Roise.

I contacted her on making a portrait with children purely because her work I think just draw's you in like a kaleidoscope..... the more you look at it the more fixated you are with it and the more you can appreciate it.
Then the more I looked at it the more I understood that however great all of her work is the actual attention grabbing pieces were for me heavily fixated on sex and drug's.... or at least that's how I saw it.
So while I never followed up what I originally had planned for a one off piece from her I was just fixated (still) on her other work and I think it deserves to be shared.
I will one day have something from her because whether it's the photograph's she use's or her artistic interpretation of the situation I can read all the sign's in her work of a sleazed up weekend.... and I like that.










No comments:

Post a Comment