Tuesday 4 October 2011

Quality and affordable shirting... By Saul Wilks



The section reserved for shirts in my wardrobes (yes, I organize my wardrobe like a bird) has been running thin on the ground of late. I hate to say it but once I've worn a shirt a couple of times It sort of loses its appeal to me and I need something new. This might sound a bit wasteful but the shirts I've got hanging up now I genuinely love and therefore they haven't been stuck up on ebay like many of their cohorts have.

With not being able to spunk hundreds of quid on clothing for the foreseeable future, I have to really think about what I need, want and more importantly isn't going to send my bank account into the red zone so some fat cat knob head in Natwest can sit rubbing his hands at Mr Wilks interest rate payments.

With all these things in mind and thoughtful that I required a couple of new shirts, I decided to take the plunge on the very affordable but undeniably cool Penfield Corning work shirt in red chambray .

Not wanting to bemoan Penfield as a brand - because I've had some good bits down the years from the American based outdoor clothing company - but I was a little skeptical at how good the quality would actually be. Throwing caution to the wind I decided to pay the 60 quid and it arrived this morning in a neat Oi Polloi marked brown box. I was delighted when I opened it, it's a boss garment! The quality is second to none, with quite a heavy chambray being used. There's lots of interesting details and the fit is perfect.

All in all I'm very happy with my latest purchase, which is more than can be said for the bank manger, wondering why he can't take his mistress away to Cannes on my inflated interests rates. Take that capitalism POW ! ! !





No comments:

Post a Comment