Thursday 13 September 2012

A Little Souvenir from Bestival...By Saul Wilks



I personally haven't posted up a mix by someone else for a good long while but having come back from Bestival and having seen some absolutely killer sets I decided to break protocol and share something a bit special.

Having taken in some of the big names and talking points of the festival including the likes of Moodyman, Julio Bashmore and my personal favourite Krystal Klear, it was with great admiration that possibly the best set I seen all weekend came from another Newport head, Neil Young.

Our paths have briefly crossed many moons ago in different circles but this was the first time I'd had the chance to catch him playing a live set out and about, and to say I was blown away would be an understatement.

With all the hype surrounding some of the DJs at Bestival, Neil delivered the perfect party recipe every night and conjured up an array of sets that were worthy of the weekend itself, and for me personally, they were the highlight of each night.

This was recorded live during the festival and I'm happy to say I was right there having it big time, surrounded by nothing but people having the time of their lives, loved up to the hilt and proper going for it.

To paraphrase, those few hours were how the party should always be... Quality music, quality people and quality times with no attitudes or pretentiousness.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did because believe me when I say, this set is completely off the radar.

Best served post 1am, extra loud... NICE



No comments:

Post a Comment