Wednesday 16 January 2013

Denimhead..... by Shaun Dangerfield

It's no secret that I love denim, the wearing in process to the first soak, the history of it all and especially pictures of the ageing process.
I know that sound's massively geeky but that's just the way it is.
One of the copies I have of Lightning Magazine has some great shot's of vintage denim and denim related pieces and I've been meaning to put a few photos up from it but I've not got round to doing so until now, they might interest you.... they might not.
The magazine itself goes right the way back to the 1800's and through all the denim labels and to be honest it was way too much to put on here although I wish I could.
Unfortunately as it's a Japanese magazine and the details are in Japanese I couldn't date anything up apart from starting up with the vintage Buddy Lee doll that after a bit of research I found out were first made in 1920 and ceased production in 1962.....
 Vintage Levis ball cap.....
 Another Buddy doll from Lee
 Front page...
 Levis squash racket cover....
 Levis raggy dolls....
 Denim clothing for dolls....

You can have a browse around the webpage through this link below....
LIGHTNING MAGAZINE

And there's a good read from the editor of lightning (and founder of 2nd magazine) Atsushi Matsushima in this link below...
ATSUSHI MATSUSHIMA


No comments:

Post a Comment