Thursday 14 March 2013

A Day in the Life - A Photographic Diary...By Saul Wilks


Its been a little while since I've done one of these, you know the sketch - I take my camera out with me and record everything I get up to on that particular occasion. Well as it happens today I decided to do just that and headed out into London Town early doors with the sun shining and everything looking pretty beautiful.

Seeing as it was Thursday, I popped down to Spitalfields for the collectors market as there's usually a couple of stores selling decent vintage American clothing, French work jackets, battered Belstaff's and that sort of thing. I copped for a lovely 50's Duxbak hunting coat as it goes, which was just as well as my original get up was a little ill planned and I was feeling the crisp London air.

I would love to say that today had no agenda and I was simply enjoying London for all it's worth but then I would be telling porkies, big fat vinyl shaped porkies. As is usually the case when I get a day to myself when I'm down at my girl's I headed on over west and hit up Notting Hill for the good selection of disco and boogie it has over there. Needless to say I came home with a wedge of 12's that are getting a spin as I write, there's nothing like kicking back with some new records while the sun's shining outside... Bliss.

It would kind of be a sin to avoid Garbstore while over that way so after my crate digging exploits were finished I took a stroll through the beautiful Portobello and landed there with the intention of not buying anything. As if. There can be no surprise that I came out of there a few ton lighter after treating myself to a killer jacket from Sunny Sports, details of which will follow...

After my hearty excursion I decided I should probably head back home and do some posting and marvel at the fruits of the day's labour and I'm pretty happy with the way my Thursday's gone.

Anyway, here's a selection on the snaps I took - nothing fancy, just the kind of shit you'd expect from me on a Thursday afternoon in London.

Happy nearly-end of week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment