Wednesday 5 February 2014

Black Ivy Style...By Saul Wilks.


For those who have followed us closely over the years you may remember a brilliant documentary I posted up focussing on the photographers of the famous pictorial magazine Life.

If I had the time, money and space I would definitely look into collecting older issues because some of the work featured in them is mesmerising, not to mention inspirational.

These photographs I've posted show an interesting take on Ivy style, something that both Shaun and I are fascinated by and also influences some of our Ardour Brand garments and ideas.

To my knowledge these were shot during the early 60's and portray the aforementioned fashions being sported by working class black kids - and they look amazing.

Sometimes I feel as though I was born into the wrong generation, these styles resonate with me greatly and these pictures definitely speak a thousand words.

They're quite simply breathtaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment