Monday 17 January 2011

A Bit Of Art.......by Shaun Dangerfield.

Now in general I have what's known as an acquired taste.... in music, clothing & footwear, art and thought's, but occasionally something of the norm take's my fancy.
There is a background to this, it all stem's when after my son passed away the lad's who I know from various place's around the U.K and off a couple of forum's I use joined in with my mate's from up the Albion and elsewhere and had a collection and a fundraising night (which I am eternally grateful for) and with which gifted me with over £5000.
This isn't a sad story by the way, I take the best of a bad situation whatever that may be but just explaining the background as to where this started.
After the funeral cost's and plot fee's and a magnificent headstone and garden I was left with a sum of money of around £600, I thought and thought about what to do with it, a bench and plaque, giving it to charity, getting away for a bit or get something to remind me of him.
So I just left it until I was ready to decide, and eventually come across a collection by an artist in Doug Hyde that just captured me with an image that just took me away and sucked me in.
When Lewis was 2 I bought him a chocolate brown labrador puppy called Scooby, and in this collection was the image of a beaming face high on life and in love with his dog, I was lucky enough to be able to buy the art and matching sculpture, displayed very proudly in my living room, something of which give's me great pleasure and calm when I look at them, it's hard to explain but when I glance over at them I see the love for my son and the love from my friend's who provided it for me, it's an important part of my family now, you can get sentimental item's and you can get an extension of your family and these are the latter, something as powerful as being a massive part of calm in our live's, it make's me remember the good time's and his life and the thing's he loved, pictured below.......

Doug Hyde and his work has made an impression on us, the soft tone's and hard edges and warmth of his art is shared in our family home, so on my wife's birthday a couple of week's ago I added another collection entitled "Heart & Soul" which is on the opposing wall, a pair of pastel pictures entitled "Heart to Heart" and "Soul to Soul" which has added to the warmth of our now family home, the last 2 photos below......

Don't get me wrong I love what I love but living a life of closed behind door's inside, is no life to lead and I now appreciate the fact that it's good to be open every now and again and be sentimental and appreciate the thing's that give you that warmth, so if one thing come out of this it certainly opened me up, and I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment