Tuesday 5 July 2011

I think it's safe to say that most people who know me know how fond I am of Albam -
I like what their about and I like their clothing, I like the fact of how personal they are and how they maintain that no matter what.
Albam's customer service is second to none because they care what people think and they obviously care that their customer's are happy, so for a label so far they tick all the boxes.
On the clothing front like any label I pick out what I like and buy into what it is I'm into and Albam flick those switches, I'll openly admit that not all of their clothing is for me, but that's the beauty part of them and the fact that there is something there for everyone of all age's.

As Albam held their sample sale over the last week I was a bit gutted that I couldn't catch it sometime, some real bargain's to be had and I know of a few that have filled their boot's. I was lucky enough though to ring up and speak to a very helpful pleasant fella by the name of Andy and it was nice to have a little chat with him about clothing and Albam - like I said their attitude is refreshing in the clothing world and it's something they can be proud of.

We had a bit of a discussion on Albam on a clothing & culture forum I frequent and someone said "why do they have to say crafted in.... or hand crafted..." and I replied because that's how it is and their own feelings on what they do, it shows the care they take and the pride they have in their own label and their own ideas, it tell's you that they know what they want to do and they take great care in doing so, thing's are not just made they are crafted, modern crafted clothing - I can appreciate that.

So to my point of the post and I was lucky enough to secure a sample denim peacoat and if anyone can remember my blog post on Mister Freedom you will remember how much I wanted their take on the denim peacoat, well with this being a sample it looks and feels just as rugged, it's not perfection and I'm more than happy with that, I like the construction and the fact it was made to see how thing's go, it just gives the jacket real character from the rough cut's to the selvedge detail, coming in sanforised selvedge denim I'm really happy with it.
Below the denim jacket I have included a few photo's of Albam behind the scenes found from their blog & facebook, because it seem's such a shame that photo's like these wouldn't reach everybody for them to appreciate, and I know that they would be appreciated so here they are.

Cheers, Shaun.
































No comments:

Post a Comment