Friday 26 August 2011

An August day on the South bank...By Saul Wilks

I've just got back from another London exertion, as I'm sure you're all aware by now my girlfriend lives there so I'm lucky that I can spend half of my time in one of the true great cities of the world.

I arrived in the capital on Tuesday afternoon around 1pm suffering with severe sleep deprivation and a rather sore head. Having no keys to my missus' gaff I headed over to where she works on the South bank in central London. Now for anyone who has never been, the South bank is an area that runs adjacent to the Thames, showcasing the arts, home to the national theatre and generally pretty interesting to stroll down in the sunshine... Except on this particular August day, the Sun was no where to be seen and it was chucking it down with rain.

It looked more like a day in January than the peak time of our Summer, but unperturbed and sporting some rather natty rain wear I decided to capture a few pictures that caught my imagination while I passed the time on the banks of the ancient river.

What follows is a tongue in cheek interpretation of An August day on the South Bank...


Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment