Saturday 19 May 2012

Saturday Escapism - A Photographic Diary...By Saul Wilks


 
I woke this morning to check the weather out of my window - something I tend to do as a standard procedure when I've got the day off and I'll probably buck the trend here, but I was pretty made up to see that it was over cast, wet and blustery as opposed to hot and sunny.
No, I'm not on some kind of self loathing miserable trip, wanting to play out my life to a soundtrack of Ian Curtis penned Joy Division tracks - I was happy because I planned to visit a local wildlife reserve with my trusty and well battered Canon EOS and the climate looked pretty spectacular for such activities.

Living half my life in a typically grey and dreary working class City where even the brightest of colours can look like the darkest of shades, I wanted to take advantage of an area of true beauty that not a lot of people know about, The Wetland Reserves in Newport.
This area is one of true breath taking natural beauty and the views and colours around there are certainly something special. I've always been one for the city, the hustle and bustle and the urbane landscapes of this world, but there's also a side in me that loves to escape and let my thoughts and mind relax and run wild in equal measures and this was the perfect place to do just that.

With countless opportunities for photo taking and inspirational scenes everywhere I looked, It was a pleasure to get down with nature and take in some of the most breath taking sites that I've seen for some time. The overcast and sulking sky made for an atmospheric energy and certainly made the perfect contrast to the mixed colours of the landscape - something I wanted to catch through the lens.

Of course, aside from the natural delights that were there to be enjoyed and savoured, the setting just so happened to be the perfect back drop for some rather tasty new outwear as well, but then that's the way I like to do things here... as you're probably aware by now.

Enjoy













No comments:

Post a Comment