Tuesday 8 May 2012

Stocking up on Summer...By Saul Wilks


I've been a busy bee since my last post, I've had a number of side projects and works in motion taking up my time lately and therefore I've been quiet on the blogging front. However, I'll be back to posting on a regular basis from now on - It's only right, I don't want to neglect my blog like a Christmas board game.

I've been well and truly getting into the swing of things with regards stocking up my summer wardrobe. Yes, that's right, I'm dropping summer into the mixer in yet another post, but let's be honest, if someone doesn't we might actually forget that we're in May now!

The weather has been admittedly gash, but that hasn't deterred me from picking up some killer summer garments and accessories. 

I popped into town on Saturday on the premise that I was looking for a basic plain crew neck white tee. I ended up spending a few ton and coming back with two jackets and a few other bits which didn't surprise me in the slightest i'm afraid - I've always been useless when it comes to lying to myself.

I've had my eye on the YMC beach jacket since it started showing up on various online thread vendors. It's as basic and as summery as you can get, but boy does it look good in the flesh. I copped for the faded blue which is the sort of colour that often adorns the various vintage clothing stores in Spitalfields market on a Thursday morning. To paraphrase my enthusiasm, this is a tasty bit of kit that will serve me well over the next few months. I'm proper keen on it, and after it's debut outing Saturday night / Sunday morning i'm pretty sure it feels the same about me as well. That's what you call true love, or weirdness - take your pick.

 

Like all good things, you cant just stop at one... that's why I ended up coming home with the Our Legacy Jean jacket as well the YMC beach jacket. I missed the boat on this one last season so I made double sure I didn't suffer the same disappointment this time around.

I've been after a denim jacket for a little while but before copping for Our Legacy's take on this classic, failed to find one that didn't make me look a trucker with a stash of mucky magazines in his cabin. You know the sketch. 

Although the fit is slightly short, I kind of like the cut of this and it looks pretty cool of polo's tee's and shirts - which is a winner in my book considering I've got mass quantities of all.

Anyhow, I got a decent little discount on this as well so you know what they say about striking while the irons hot and all that jazz? Some right good summer vibes going on with this one!




Mammoth post I know, but one more addition and I'm done and dusted on the buying front - although I'd like to post out it's my birthday on Saturday and I'm looking forward to being spoiled rotted by my girl, my friends and anyone else who fancies getting me off it at Boogie Cartel on Saturday night (Just putting it out there like)

Anyhow, my old favourite Oliver Spencer was my last port of call and I copped for some gorgeous summer scarfage in the shape on this cracking linen polka dot number. Polka Dot's a weird one as it usually conjurers up images of a fat indie bird trying to look like Beth Ditto in some grotty student club, but then I'm not fat, I'm not a bird and I don't like indie, so I guess I'll just look good instead? Bang on...




No comments:

Post a Comment