Tuesday 9 April 2013

Colimbo Hunting Goods Burlington Flats Jacket / Folk Tri Button...By Saul Wilks


I wasn't being entirely honest when I said I couldn't pick a favourite from these latest buys, although all top draw in their own way, the Colimbo Hunting Goods jacket was the one I was really looking forward to receiving and it hasn't disappointed - it's ridiculously cool.

Without trying to sound like I've just taken a dose of one-up-manship to the head, it's a good feeling knowing that the likelihood of ever bumping into someone else wearing this jacket is practically zero - in fact I'd probably go as far as saying that this might possibly be one of the only ones in the country, if not the only one... maybe... and that's nice to know.

I first clocked onto Colimbo while doing the web rounds, hopelessly trying to navigate my way around various Japanese sites and it struck me as being exceptionally well made with a degree of detail that is scantly seen. 

When I first saw the Burlington Flats wind jacket, as it's affectionately known, my mouth nearly hit the desk. The beauty is in the simplicity, the colour is as near to perfect as I think is humanely possible and the quality is unbelievable - I knew I had to have it.

I think it's best when I leave the photos do the talking, one can often be seen as waffling needlessly on about the virtues of different items of clothing all over the internet and I've been as guilty as any of that in the past, so without further ado I'll hand you over to Mr Canon Eos and he'll fill you in on the details...

Oh, there's a lovely Folk shirt in there somewhere as well.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment